On kinder tides [Joining]
[html]
684 .

The woman's words were lengthy, she had no qualms admitting what she had done. In this way perhaps she was braver than Nayru had been. Only to Ansui, their Reiseki had Nayru openly spoken about her own sins. Yet after the absolution he had granted her there was little need to speak of the deed again. It was a dark day of the past, and there it would remain unless someone, finally, came looking for answers. Then Nayru might have to explain, but she recognized the same discomfort and remorse in Neela as she had experienced as Ansui questioned her that day. Already the girl had attempted repentance on her own, and yet what was to keep the girl from acting out of anger again?

Nayru's near whisper voice was thoughtful, as she tried to consider all angles of the situation. "Surely you are remorseful for your actions, but what is to keep you from doing so again?" Perhaps the great sorrow Neele felt was enough, but Nayru could not take that chance. "In Ichika, those who kill out of anger or hatred will not only be banished from our lands, we will do everything in our power to prevent them from killing again." The words were not a threat, merely a friendly warning to Neela, for if she did lose control the Ichikans would not stand idle. "However forgiveness is not beyond us, so long as it is not beyond you. You will never find peace if you do not forgive yourself." Nayru had forgiven herself easily enough, her own killing had been born from a skewed idea of justice and a strange form of compassion. Neela's had not, and so it was perhaps all the more difficult to forgive.

"If you are to join us," Nayru did not see the good in turning the woman away. She would only continue her travel, or die trying, and land upon some other shore. What then if the clan that took her in fed the rage inside of her, instead of tried to drive it out? "you will not be permitted to act in aggression towards anyone, member or not, unless it is purely out of self-defense. Furthermore," Nayru paused, knowing she asked a lot of the girl who might have no religious affiliations to speak of "I would request you stay in the Abbey, with our Herald class, at least until you find a dwelling of your own. Pripyat stays there, as does our Reiseki, or Preist. " There were others, the dingo who wasn't truly part of Ichika but lived among them all the same and the other more spiritual members. "They can help get you on your feet, a meal and a bath to start. I hope that you will find peace within those walls before you choose to find a home of your own, a peace you can carry with you." It wasn't likely the woman would find an inner truth within the few days Nayru requested she stayed there but the many eyes upon Neela would ensure her behaviors were not odd before she was free to move among all the Ichikans.

"If you agree to this, and still wish to join us you may raise your right hand and recite the creed with me." Nayru raised her own paw and the words came automatically, so well did she know them. " I am a Garcia, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." Nayru's eyes moved to lock with Neela's, curious as to if she would repeat the creed or not.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread