On kinder tides [Joining]
[html]

Word Count → 471

Neela had been expecting rejection and Nayru's initial words seemed to confirm this expectation. However Neela could scarcely believe her ears as Nayru continued talking, speaking of forgiveness. She had been expecting rejection as a certainty, and possibly to be driven away from the pack lands entirely.

Neela remained quiet as Nayru talked, almost afraid that if she spoke and drew attention to herself Nayru would change her mind. Grynn shifted her wings slightly, one wing brushing lightly past Neela's ear in a comforting gesture but otherwise the falcon remained as still as Neela was, recognising the mood of the conversation.

While Neela had doubts that she would ever be able to forgive herself for what she had done she did not voice them as Nayru addressed the matter, instead keeping silent as she listened to the younger wolf intently. When Nayru had finished describing the creed that Neela had to take Neela remained silent for a moment before speaking.

"That which you ask of me I would have offered without being asked; I have no desire to hurt anybody, I have had enough of violence and aggression to last me a lifetime. I would be honoured to stay at the Abbey for a while, until I have explored the territory and found a home if that is acceptable to you." The Meria would be fine here as long as Neela finished dragging her out of the water and tied her down, and most of her belongings that she actually cared about were light enough to carry.

Slowly Neela forced her head up, her amber eyes locking with Nayru's warm, red eyes before she slowly rose her hand in a mirror of what Nayru had done moments before. " I am a Garcia, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." While the creed was just words it somehow felt like more as the words passed through Neela's lips. The creed said Neela dropped her head again, low enough that her muzzle was brushing the fluffy fur on her chest and spoke once more, her voice a whisper, "Thank you, I swear I won’t let you down." The words were quiet, but heartfelt. With her head still lowered Neela waited, her mind buzzing with thoughts, unsure of what to do now.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread