Things just won't do without you
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

I'm finally back into my Hel groove Big Grin

Trading. Hel realised that somehow that was all they'd been talking about. She felt slightly sad again and even drew back slightly from him. It felt so shallow, all of this. Exchanging banter about some meaningless phrase and then moving on to safe topics, family and work. Why couldn't she ask him more? Why was she so guarded? She looked away, sighing softly. Hel was still at a time in her life when showing feelings could be expected occasionally. But still, the walls were being built and she was left to struggle with herself, in an effort to become what Loki had predicted she would be: her father's daughter.

I go east of here. I have heard that packs of very skilled fighters lie that way. And I miss the cold. Here, sometimes, it is far too hot for me. As strange as it sounds. Hel gave him another one of her rare smiles. He would never last out there, in the Eastern frozen lands. He seemed so fragile, somehow and she almost felt like touching him, hugging him tightly. But that, again, would be something her father would not approve. Love and mateship were of course necessary, as the line of warriors would have to be passed down. Her mate would be expected to be strong and able to care for himself, a male of good lineage and great skill. They would be the Alpha pair of their pack and lead with an iron fist.

Hel looked at Styx again. He would be a pariah in her pack, an animal reduced to a working slave. She herself would see him as such. But here, in the unclaimed lands, outside Asgard's reach, she had to admit that he was interesting. He was no warrior, but he was an artist. Which was more than could be said about Hel. You are more than welcome to come with me, if you like. I travel quickly and often get into fights... but I can offer protection. Hel looked at him with a hint of worry in her blue eyes. Would he refuse her offer because of her intended direction of travel?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread