rocky road
[html]

After 2 false starts I finally wrote something I happy about.

Word Count → 581

A happy whine escaped from the arctic wolf's lips as Vesper ran her fingers through Kiara's snowy coat. Kiara didn't care that she had lost her prey, or that feathers were sticking to her. Once again, Kiara and Vesper had stumbled upon one another and it was an occasion to be happy. The young wolf was not perturbed by Vesper's new appearance, as most of the members in Ichika were luperci. In fact, Kiara wasn't sure that there were any normal canines in the pack other than herself. Still, the change was a little unexpected and left Kiara curious as to how it came about.

Kiara listened to the coywolf's words while she inspected Vesper's new body. The fight that had caused Vesper to change had also given her new scars. "I can see you've been fighting. Your all banged up, although, I'd hate to see how you left the other guy. I've never seen you fight, but you seem like you would be good at it."

The news of Vepser joining a pack came more as a surprise to the she wolf than her transformation. However, her words were backed up by the lingering scent of a pack so Kiara was forced to acknowledge the truth. Saying that the coywolf disliked packs was an understatement. Vesper had repeatedly stated in their previous meeting that she did not like packs and seemed to regard them with disdain. "You, in a pack? Now that's a surprise. I've heard of Inferni, but I don't know much about them. Although, that pack is close to Ichika right? Perhaps we will be able to see each other more often." This idea made Kiara smile. Even though Sarain was not very old, Kiara could afford to take a trip to Inferni once and a while. The Ikusei could use a break.

Vesper's next comment confused Kaira greatly. To the alabaster woman, the answer was obvious. Yet Vesper seemed to be very worried and upset. Clearly, Vesper was not comfortable with the change and it bothered her greatly. "Of course I'm not mad. Why should I be. Your still you, even if you do walk on two legs. Although I doubt I would voluntarily infect myself, there is nothing wrong with being a luperci. Not to mention the advantages." The snow wolf cast a meaningful glance at the dead grouse. "You stole my kill you know." Kiara said in a joking manner.

"Oh, you met Razekiel. Told you he was funny. As for the Ichikan's, they are doing are well." Kiara was a little surprised that Vesper knew X'yrin. The golden nomad and Kiara would often meet yet X'yrin had not mentioned Vesper. Next time they met, she would have to bring it up. "X'yrin is strong, so you don't have to worry about her. As are the rest of the pack. Although, I am worried about the puppies and Shiloh. Shiloh is my friend and I am helping her to raise her new puppy. Shiloh is so thin, and she has very little fur. Not to mention Sarian. Plus another pack member just had her puppies.

I'll be fine, though my tail might be a little cold." Kiara turned around to show off the damage that had been done. Sarian was too enthusiastic for her own good, and would often chew on Kiara's tail. There were several bald patches marring Kiara's once perfect tail. Kiara couldn't help but whimper at the sight of her own appendage.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread