Dream Is Collapsing
[html]

sorta pp'd a bit; I know you said she was silent but she must have made some sound :p

Being a hunter, Frodo was accustomed to slight sounds and small movements. After all, his favourite catch were of small creatures that made little to no sound at all. It was a couple of minutes before the wolf realised he was being followed, but he did realise it all the same, however at first he had just thought it was someone passing by, someone that would be gone. He didn’t bother to look over his shoulder, and just carried on with the hunt, however was aware of an additional presence all the while.

It was not long before Frodo spotted a clustered series of warrens up ahead. Silently, the man unhooked the fine bow from around one shoulder, and knocked an arrow through string and wood. Practiced hands stroked the smooth surface of his tool, and he drew up his weapon to face forwards. His head peeked out from the side of the bow, and he continued to move stealthily. For his luck, he didn’t have to move too far before he spotted a rabbit, foolishly out of its den. In a quick, still-silent movement, he was down on one knee, squinting through green eyes at the creature that stood roughly 25 meters away. And then he had released the feather-tipped arrow, and it whizzed through the air with a swoosh, colliding with the rabbits shoulder.

It was mere strategy and practice that had allowed Frodo to make a kill so quickly. He trotted up to the fallen creature, and ended its pitiful twitching with a secondary blow to a heart from the silver dagger he carried with him. Frodo retrieved the arrow and dagger, cleaning them both on the wet grass and putting them both back in their places. And then he tied the rabbit by it’s ears, to the sheath round his waist.

With one kill down, Frodo supposed he should make a couple more. Pleased with his work, he knocked another arrow in place and looked straight ahead. But there was a twitching feeling in his bones, a sixth sense if you must, and again he had the feeling of being followed. He couldn’t hear anything this time, but could still sense someone tracking him. Mr Silvertongue stood stock still, still holding his armed bow, and still facing away from Terra. And then he spoke, quite audibly at that. ‘Tis not wise to follow a hunter at motor, davy jones. he spoke, quite sternly, in the odd accent he bore. With that, he suddenly span around, his bow now pointing straight at Terra.

Frodo was quite surprised to find it was a female following him, a youngish looking one at that. Perhaps she was just playing a game? He couldn’t be too sure. Story time Sunday! Well, match my sidney if it isn’t a safe-as-milk girl followin’ me.! he walked closer, at a roughly fast place, his bow still pointing at her, to keep her still. He didn’t want any sudden movements. When he was quite a bit closer, close enough to tell - or at least assume - she wasn’t trying to murder him or attack, he lowered his weapon and grinned sheepishly. Shoot, if it’s the tuff rabbity you’re after, you can have him, so to speak. Frodo reached into his dagger-strap (which served as a belt), and untied the rabbit, throwing it to the floor, at Terra’s feet. I’ve already filled my tum this morn, you get me, hood?

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread