The big question
[html]

Just when things were getting good Shawchert stopped. Orin’s eyes popped open and she looked at him surprised, confused. What was he doing? She searched his face for answers while he explained himself to her.

“What?” she said a bit confusedly, pulling back a bit. What was he talking about… going further? Suddenly it dawned on Orin where the moment had been leading. She had gotten into it and unconsciously pursued him, not really aware of what she was doing. Flashes of what she had subtly asked him for went through her mind… both of him and then of…

“Oh, god, no,” she said in sudden disgust and pushed him away. He tried to slip his arms around her to hold her but she wriggled out of it. Her expression was some weird mutation of revulsion. A hot streak of anger bit her and unfortunately for Shawchert he was the first thing in its sight lines.

“How could you think that Shawchert? I just told you I wanted to have a ceremony. Why would I… how could you… ugh!” She grew frustrated quickly, tripping over her quick words and wincing each time her flash bulb memory gave her an image of something she would have much rather forgotten. Something she thought she was past.

“No. No…” she shook her head fervently, tightly pinching her eyes shut. For a moment she was quiet, shaking her head, and then finally she stood up and opened her eyes, her gaze an inferno. “You’re not going to charm me into thinking that’s not what you want when you give yourself away. Get it off your mind! In fact.. don’t even… just… no.”

She started backing away as she talked, and finally she spun around and ran off. Something about the last look she gave him said clearly, 'don't follow me.'

<style type="text/css">
.orint1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.orint1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#042F4B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2MpXv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A1ACB3; outline:1px solid #042F4B; padding: 160px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ACB3B8; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread