devil's in the details
[html]

+353

X’yrin pulled herself upright then proceeded to fight her mane, which had fallen in auburn locks around her face. It was a struggle that Vesper smirked at, though her amusement was a little more detached this time. She could clearly recall the first actions she’d taken during her first shift, finding her own brown hair cascading around her; frantic, she had ripped clumps out, tearing and shearing until the moment of madness had passed. As such, she didn’t have an issue with hair in the eyes like the woman did, though she only looked the more rugged for her cropped mane.

Coyote-large ears swiveled forward at the sound emitting from the other’s subject, and after indicating a negative with a shake of her head, she chuckled at the woman. She could feel a slight clench to her own stomach, though her hunger wasn’t as pressing, which surprised her. Nonetheless, she grinned and nodded at the woman’s suggestion then turned to seek out the rock she’d sat on.

“I told you the rabbit would come in handy,” Ves quipped, flashing a crooked smile before crossing over to the discarded prey. She picked it up and seated herself on the rock again, scooting over so that X’yrin might have room in case she wanted a rest as well. Her legs were a little shaky from all the work they had done, and her body was happy for a break.

She set the rabbit on her lap then ran a claw through its fur thoughtfully. “We could probably share this; it’s nice and plump. Not a deer, by any means, but you can have as much of it as you want; I could always catch something on my way back home if it’s that important.” She held the prey up, offering it to her mentor.

Silently, the hybrid told herself that she wouldn’t always be well-fed when going into a conflict; she didn’t know how long this break would last or if the training would even continue, but she knew that fighting X’yrin with the distraction of hunger would only add another element to her training.

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread