when tomorrow never comes
Iskata sat and gazed at her friend with sorrow in her eyes, she knew that she could have saved Colibri from the pain she was being dealt now had she backed away from the church and allowed Gabriel to have finished the job he'd begun. Iskata lowered her head in defeat and aknowledged the fact that Colibri had spoken. "I know Colibri, I know.." She turned her gaze away, afraid to see the look in the ivory lady's eyes when she told her the truth. "I know what you did because I saved him from death after you'd tried..." Her voice was firm when she spoke, knowing that Colibri wouldn't understand her unless she admitted the truth.

She looked back at Colibri with pain in her eyes as she told the story of why she'd stopped Gabriel from killing her son. "The leader of Inferni had cornered him.. and he would have killed Haku if I hadn't got between them." She shook her head as she admitted this, the words painful as she let them flow. "Gabriel killed my mate in one of the last wars between the packs and clan.. I thought I'd buried the pain aind hatred in the past, but I was wrong." She looked back to Colibri as she spat the last words out. "I saved him not because he deserved it but because Gabriel has taken too much from this family.. even if Haku deserves to die.. it's not at the hands of Inferni." Her hatred and fury at the past was something she'd always faught, trying to keep others from hating the clan just because of what they were. She didn't care if they were wolves or coyotes, it was the deeds they did that made her hate the individuals, not the whole.

Messages In This Thread