Gather in the firelight and feel the warmth
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

Word Count → 379

The call was so faint that Kiara almost missed it. From off in the distance, a howl echoed through Ichika. It was a call to her class, the elements, and a call to hunt. This Kiara would not, could not miss. The alabaster woman had just been temporarily relieved of duty as Ikusei, making her free to join the hunt. After an hour of playing with Sarina, Shiloh had taken the puppy away for a well deserved nap. Kiara would have joined the two, but it was at this point that the howl had reached her ears.

Kiara sped through the forest as fast as she could. She followed the retreating sound and then used her memory as a guide. By the time the snow wolf had arrived many wolves had already gathered. Kiara recognized Temo and Jace, but the large male and the grey male were new to Kiara. The grey male particularly drew Kiara's attention. His body was littered with scars and the distinct smell of alcohol clung to his breath. The arctic wolf was not a fan of alcohol. She barely remember the Samhein festival due to its intoxicating effects and the headache the following morning was unpleasant to say the least.

Kiara turned her attention away from the unfamiliar males and trotted up to Jace. The snow wolf paused at a respectful distance and placed herself into a submissive position. "Namaste Jace, Temo. I am sorry for being late, I was far away when you called. But I am here now and ready to help." Kiara kept her head down, and her tail tucked between her legs. Truth be told, Jace intimidated Kiara a little making the snow wolf more inclined to take extra precautions not to upset the bi-colored woman.

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread