Alligators in Canada
Again, you are back to adding ports where there are none. Don't you think if there were more ports that the trip up from Barbados would visit them rather than take such a long journey? You are continually adding stuff to fit your whim to make this work rather than abiding by what is already there. And just because it is used to one form of luperci does not mean it is civil to all. Look at the characters on the board. There was just a war between luperci. Just because they are all luperci didn't stop the fighting. So yes, it is logical to still assume that the gator might still think of others as food and save one that isn't. After all there is continually feuds between coyotes and wolves with both of them being canines. You easily assume that because it can be tethered to one that it will not wish to kill another. I simply can't say that would be the absolute truth. And have you looked into the few ships that are available for use? You can't just make up some other kind of ship to suit your whims because luperci aren't that advanced, especially not on this side of the world. Your larger, more technical ships, would come from the other side of the world and not over this way. You aren't coming from Europe so you are limited in the number of advances that you can have. So? Just because it is large doesn't mean it won't be hunted. It just means it would be more difficult to hunt. And I really can't stand you assuming that you would automatically win any fight that came up, that right there reeks of GMing to me. You are talking about a confined space, either party could pick up the advantage since you only have so much room to move. Then you have to factor in times for sleep and any other things which are unpredictable. So I wouldn't say it would work 100% in your favor if it were worked out realistically. You are just making your character more powerful and that won't work in a cohesive setting. You have to have some flaws and can't win all of the time. That is unless you are counting your wolf as being the dead party in which the alligator can still have food and be happy. And I'm not assuming simple mindedness but the mind of a predator. Again, confined space. If you don't have food readily available whenever it is hungry then it will need to kill whatever is closest in order to eat. That is just the way that survival works. And what is to stop members from visiting the hot springs? It is winter and they may wish a place to get away from the chill of the caves so that right there would make it advisable to go to the hot springs. So now you are preventing everyone from going to a landmark that was already there just because you want to house the gator? Are you going to show up in every thread at the hot springs in order to say, 'Hey, my gator is here so you can't be.' and if not then how are you going to control things and make sure that people run into the gator whenever they visit? And for that matter how would you feel about others controlling the gator just because they wish to have their thread set at the hot springs?

Messages In This Thread