home for the holidays.
[html]
but our hearts will need us to be steady and strong

so we can stand and face the fire

burning higher and higher

Word Count → 234 :: Bad bad Wayne makin' Dixie sad. D<

The look of guilt on her pretty face was almost enough to cause him to cast off his anger and forgive her immediately, but the ease with which these feelings rose in him only served to make him madder—at himself, this time. He’d been far too sensitive regarding this woman, moping around like a bump on a log while she was away and doing nothing to better himself. Even now, he was sensitive, and while in his heart he knew the reason, Wayne didn’t want to confront it.

His face softened up slightly as her tail tucked, but his tone was still an exasperated one, scratching out into the cold air. “I ain’t a fool, Dixie,” he growled. Yes, you are, his mind snapped. You throw a fit when she leaves and you throw a fit when she’s back; look at her face.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts, though the little voice in the back of his head was speaking nothing but truth. “You’re a grown woman now; I know you coulda taken care of yourself. But you need to tell me before you go gallivantin’ all ’round the place all alone.” His brown eyes narrowed again as he tried to convince himself he was in the right here—though it was stupid, pathetically stupid, and it would take only a second of introspection to realize how he was behaving.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne t {font-style:italic; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.silhowayne .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#740d02;}
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread