oh my! the flux capacitor is broken.
[html]

!@#$%Anselm considered himself fortunate to not yet know the burden of a family. Obviously, Gabriel (and Ahren) were his family, but not in the sense that he was expected to provide for them. Random one night flings ensured that he probably had children, somewhere, but so long as he didn't know about them they were not his problem--and neither were the mothers left stuck with them. So far as he was concerned, they had to have known the risk when they chose to tangle with him. He never made false promises about sticking around. They'd be better off without me, anyway...

!@#$%Distractions were excellent. Closing the book with a snap, he tossed it gently to Ahren to catch and page through. Even if Ahren couldn't read, there would be plenty of pictures. "Nothing, yet. I'm just trying to develop the necessary skills. Apparently there are hundreds of human tools, and not all of them are so different. Go figure." It seemed like a rather monumental task, but he liked to keep his mind busy. It wasn't like he'd need the nitty gritty details, anyway--just the basics would suffice. "Know anything about working wood? Saws, carving... I'm open to pointers." He figured he'd start with wood before moving to stone, and then eventually metal.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread