chills and hills
[html]
Skoll Haskel
i need another story
something to get off my chest

my life is kinda boring
need something that i can confess

The man seemed perplexed by his special greeting, but Skoll didn’t really want to waste the time explaining what it meant to him. Every once in a while he’d slip up and start babbling French to a random fellow Court member, and after a while their blank stares had conditioned him to alter his language. However, the confusion stopped there, at least until the wolf seemed to think he was far from his pack—and Skoll bit his lip slightly at the murmured echo.

The ruffling fingers felt good, and he tipped his head back into the stranger’s palm before noting the disappearance of the ring. He hid his disappointment—because while he might not have paid the trinket much attention before, the fact that it was hidden from him made him more interested, as was the way of any child’s curiosity. He stared at the bandana as if he would suddenly develop X-ray vision until the laughter barked out overhead.

The dark canine teased him a little more then conceded that Skoll probably would get bigger than him. Pleased, the pup gave a little nod and an arrogant humph of satisfaction before pricking his ears at the encouragement. “My insides big too,” he assured the curly-furred man, nodding again. “But s’okay. Be a little while afore I get bigger’n’you,” he added, patting the man’s knee.

The lesson on Caesar made the boy’s green eyes widen again, and while he didn’t understand half the terms offered to him, he chronicled everything next time he felt like being a showoff to his family. No doubt all of the Court would learn who Caesar was in the upcoming days.

The lame ending of the story made him cock his head. “Oh. They din’ kill him? That sounds easier.” He broke out into a grin and hopped fully onto the man’s lap, tail wagging. “Did ’e leave through a door?!” Skoll asked suddenly, wondering if Papa Legba had gotten fed up with him and ushered him out. Or weren’t the doors supposed to open to good fortune? He forgot most of what the last mysterious outsider had said at the borders.

“Whatcha name, shortcake?” the boy asked then, realizing that he didn’t know what to properly call the man. “An’ how come you know so much stuff?”

Word Count: 384 | ARKDJSKAL kids say the darnedest things
template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.SecskollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/3N4NM.png') #c88c5b no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.SecskollTitle {text-align:right; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-family: 'Delius Unicase';}
.SecskollSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:verdana;}
.SecskollInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px double #000; background:#e4d3aa; color:#5d513c; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecskollInput b {color:#d1581c; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.SecskollSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.SecskollRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread