a little r&r
[html]
Eep, sorry for the wait! /+304

The russet woman flattened her ears and swiftly apologized, and Vesper glanced over at her with a small frown. She hadn’t been altogether serious in implying that the newcomer was annoying her; perhaps the greeting could have gone better, but the Vigiles was in a decent enough mood that it didn’t matter. If not, the woman would be on the receiving end of fangs rather than teasing.

Blue eyes watched the petite coyote curl in on herself slightly, arms encircling her drawn-up knees, and Vesper let out a sigh. “It’s okay, you know. Maybe be more careful with who you greet like that—but I’m not mad, all right?” She flashed the slightest of smirks, a thin white line of teeth stretching across her muzzle. She wanted to make the other feel more relaxed, though it was rare for another to withdraw as she did around the small hybrid. Vesper liked to think that she was intimidating, but the sad truth was that her scars evoked more disgust and pity than respect, except for some of the stronger warriors in Inferni who understood such badges. This girl reminded her of the other sad-hearted ones that she’d met in neutral territories, and her frown took on a touch of concern.

She nodded lightly as the other offered their own rank: the starting one, one that Vesper had held as her own a couple of months ago. She hoped the other didn’t think she was rubbing her higher rank in her face; it helped to know where one stood in the clan, who was above and below you, who you might admire or need to teach. She offered another small smirk.

“A Tirones…” Vesper repeated. “So you are new and I’m not just ignorant.” She wagged her tail once in hope the other would stop worrying.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread