For Thy Friends and Neighbors
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: We'll begin so we can get this moving along :]

X'yrin held her tongue and gave each attendee a chance to introduce themselves and become familiar in whatever means they felt comfortable with. Setting the foundations of a social gathering was not at all her forte, however orchestrating a hunt was a task better suited for her. Her mate was scented before he was seen, basked in their combined scents coupled with the rich earth of their den. Her tail lifted happily and waved in greeting as she strode along her side deepening his scent as well in show of his adoration. She whined endearingly, a momentarily falling into private reprieve before snapping back abruptly to the present. Roughly she shook her head hoping the rid the warmth suddenly flooding her muzzle.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Sage,” she acknowledged without missing too great of a cue. “And we are fortunate to have you.” The she-wolf again returned her gaze to the gathered band. “We are fortunate to have you all. Now my friends we face a challenge today and I am confident we can overcome it. Consider this practice for what lies ahead later this season, and a demonstration in working effectively as a team.” Proudly the female lifted her head, “I will lead this hunt today but an efficient kill is not taken by one; it is made through the efforts of all working seamlessly together with what strength we have. Our structure is built as such; Sage, you and Indira will act as our runners. It is your task to cut apart the herd and weed out our prey. Judgment of our prey will be on the both of you. Lead them to where we wait and be resilient. If it escapes then our opportunity is gone and we have failed.”

Her gaze then fell upon Rendall. “My friend, your role is to act where you are needed. If are prey is near escaping assist the others to keep it in line. If Saluce or I need help in taking down our prey, then we trust your fangs to weaken the kill. None of us are to take the kill on our own…” briefly her eyes cast to her mate then again fell upon the awaiting females. “And we do not take more than we can handle. But we will succeed in this hunt. Trust the directions that are given and we will reap the benefits. And we will feast well for our efforts. Is that understood?”

ooc: 411 words. A short acknowledging post will do. Smile

[/html]

Messages In This Thread