no one is real
[html]

Her tail thumped the pillows once. Though she looked and sounded nothing like her mother, the timber-furred woman who knelt closer had the same sweet face and gentle warmth in her eyes. Blaise immediately trusted her.

Eagerly, she turned toward the younger female as she reentered the room with neither food nor her mother. The pup again listened for answers. After Artemis had given Blaise's story to the gray lady and learned from her where to get food, Anu sat beside her before the cheerful fire.

Waarm! the girl returned. The fire was already healing her, drying her soaked fur, soothing her flea-bitten skin and warming her right to her bones. She was comforted by the dance of the colorful flames, but the woman's words confused and troubled her still. These wolves were kind to her, and had she not been so disturbed by her mother's absence, she would have been overjoyed by Anu's invitation.

Oh... I stay. But... she began, staring into the deep blue eyes, so puzzled she could barely sort her thoughts into words. Now she understood that her mother was not in the house, and because that was the only circumstance she had imagined, its falsehood baffled her. Mommy tell me I find uhver woofs. She say I not follow her. Cause - cause she surprise me wiff big pretty house. Blaise spoke everything she had reasoned, though her expression was frightened. Pease, we find Mommy! She sick, she sad. The child's large eyes glistened as she remembered of her mother's own tears, her frail figure disappearing into the forest.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread