I'll make a man out of you
[html]
i hope i'm not completely wrong about all of this info... xD

It wasn't surprising that Helotes disliked the weapon yet; Aemon recalled his first struggles with a practice stick in his childhood, and how frustrated they had made him. He couldn't help but laugh, but Helotes was being such a good sport. That's alright; it took me a while, too, he offered encouragingly. Keeping your distance is important; if you are too close, you won't get much use out of your weapon, he said, pulling his hands to his chest, showing how inoperable the lengthy weapon was this way. And you should always have the point of your weapon, if there is one, in front of you-- unless you're blocking, of course, he said, demonstrating both as he did.

Helotes mentioned horseback practice, which Aemon had less experience with that he would like. The silver coywolf's trek from Scintilla had been his most lengthy trip on horseback; and even then, he hadn't taken the horse the whole way. Still, he could offer basic advice. The same rules apply, but obviously, you have to adjust to be able to manipulate the weapon with only one hand. Or the horse with none, he added with a toothy, friendly grin. On horseback, a spear would be a better choice. You can make one fairly easily, and they give you the option of stabbing or running through your opponents. It's only a matter of aim. If you get good enough at throwing a spear, you could easily hunt with it on horseback, too, he finished, clearly excited about explaining his favorite tool. Twirling and tossing the stick lightly between his hands, he smiled and scanned the landscape, seeing if he could spot Helotes' mare amidst the brush and grasses.

<style type="text/css">
.adlp b {font-weight:bold; color:#6f84a6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e192a; }
.adlp p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.adlp {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#2f3a41; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EWAeA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787f8b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.adlp p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.adlp p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread