leave a candle burning
[html]

Smile

If she had been intended to be soft and well-groomed, she might have found herself cleaning after Sirius as the coyote did. Salvia was a beast made for the elements, as savage and terrible as she was handsome. This was perhaps better than beautiful; she was not traditionally such, with her choppy hair and broad shoulders, and sharp lines rather than soft. Presence alone gave her beauty, but it was a demanding, gnawing thing. Surely the others had recognized it; she had seen it when she spoke to them, though her words had been groomed and taught by the dark man she called Uncle.

“Oh a few things,” she admitted, setting the saddle down on a wooden plank. Several stuck out from the wall like branches, all thick and heavy and made for such weight. Oh how she admired what her father had done. “But yes, it will be nice. I didn’t see it much before I left, but I’m sure it’ll be perfect. Most of what I brought is for others. I need to sort through it all, but right now the horse needs tending. I’ll be taking up my father’s duties while he’s away,” the blonde added, and turned back into the hallway. She knew that Trader could use rest, but if she did not rub him down now then all the sweat would surely ruin him.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread