Love's not like this
[html]

She stopped, hesitated with a breath, and then turned back to Shawchert. Her eyes fell upon his visage, golden hue meeting indigo, and she suddenly thought about how unfair it was that she felt like this. It had been like this since before the murder, and that just gave her a good reason to avoid it all. Now he was here, staring her in the face and being oh so concerned about her. It wasn't fair. Why did he have to be concerned now, but miss so much else?

Not that anything he missed was his fault. Orin protected her secrets like a miser protected his gold. It was just her irrational way of reasoning. Even if she had been that good at hiding it, why hadn't he figured it out already? He barely even pressed her when she didn't want to even look at a book. Why didn't the man ever act more concerned that something was wrong with her? That she had changed?

Her golden eyes were hidden behind lids as they slid closed, and then opened again a moment later as she worked to banish the blame from her mind. It wasn't his fault. She had to remind herself that. Speaking with Mars didn't help any, either, because the Russo blamed Shawchert for everything. Wait, were these her own feelings, or someone else's? She wasn't sure, because now that she was back in Shawchert's presence it sure didn't seem like her feelings toward him had changed.

“I'm... fine.” She said while taking a step back. For being Orin, she sure wasn't saying much today. She knew it, too, and it would give her away if she didn't think of something. “I just feel sad for Sky and Tal, that's all. I'm just trying to keep my mind on Juliet...” She made a motion in the general direction of her cottage, as though she still wanted to retreat, but she didn't.

“H... how about you?”

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread