at a crossroads
[html]

Hey! I hope you still want to continue this thread. I’m sorry for the long delay; I had a massive computer dummy moment.

He was so excited and energetic to hear what she had to say. His willingness to listen to her stories was refreshing. People didn’t usually want to listen to her go on about the lwa because they were all so stuck in their own beliefs. How could they not see the plain truth?

“You are a good boy,” she praised him as she patted him on the head, a gesture that always annoyed her when she was a puppy – but now she saw the draw in it. He gave the jar a push and it rolled over to her, coming to a wobbly stop before her as the fluid inside remained turbulent. She grasped the jar and righted it, grinded it against the ground to make a good spot for it, and then unscrewed the top.

“This is a good color, too,” she told the excited boy as she casually dipped a finger into the paint and held it up, a chubby drip snaking down the pad of her finger. She made a motion with her other hand for him to come closer, but when she tried to put her finger to the canvas she found a wiggly surface. “Hold still now, or it won’t come out right.” She cautioned, and then poked her finger into the fur at the top of his ribs, drawing a line down. The prodding fingers could be a ticklish pup’s nightmare.

She paused frequently to dip her finger into the jar and get more of the blue paint, his fur soaking up her pigment quickly. As she worked she told him, “You do pay attention, and Legba appreciates it. He already likes you, he has already picked ya because I am a friend of Legba, and he made our paths meet. That means he wanted you to know about him, too. There are many lwa, more than I know, and Legba likes his secrets so he has not told me all. I will learn their names when I meet them… which Legba says will be soon.” She was getting tired of him saying ‘soon’, she wanted to know them now but there was no way she could tell that to Legba for fear he would take offense that he was not good enough for her.

“New visions of other veves have come to me, though, and they give me a feelin’ so I think I know which ones they are for, but I’ll only really know when they come to me. Ah! Almost done…” Her finger swirled around his ribs as she drew a curve, Papa Legba’s veve was almost complete.

<style type="text/css">
.zulieg01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7d3f0e; }
.zulieg01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; text-align:center;}
.zulieg01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.zulieg01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7d677e; background-image:url(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3133/zulie01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #98353c; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#bd9e85; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.zulieg01-border1 {width:504px; border:1px solid #fffff0; margin:0 auto;}
.zulieg01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #98353c; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
WC: 400+ :: Image © Outdated Productions@Flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread