M-Slaves to our Instincts
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

As she knelt there in front of him trying to read his face for a tell, she only say blood; the damage done by her claws on his face. Her own throbbing muzzle was ignored, each pulse of the wound lessening her anger little by little in an attempt to calm herself, following the example set by her mate- or could she even call him that now? Bile rose to her gullet at the suggestion the title would be dismissed. That the bond that held them together had been torn apart by fang.

But it had been for the sake of the truth, which was at last given at her demand; the circumstance as it was spoken as if the very notion was ludicrous. X’yrin sat unable to move when he spoke, her ears were poised forward and attentive at the start of it all, the steadily lowered with each passing second. The anger that poisoned her face ebbed away as guilt and shame surged forward, forcing down her gaze from the male before her to seek a deliverance from his anger by the snow. Yet even its innocent white had been tarnished by the red dripping from her muzzle; a punishment invoked by her own senseless jealously. “I just…” She just what? Wanted to understand? But at what cost? At the cost of making herself look like an ass? Of hurting the one she loved after accusing him of the unthinkable? She could blame it all on ignorance, that her reaction was a result of her failure to understand the individual complicated bonds that at times wove others together. She could say it was the fault of the Nomads for never instilling that paternal nurturing for her to recognize. She could say it all and it would have been true…

And yet, it was nothing more than an excuse to her own ears. As one that upheld rationalization over violence she should have just come out with it calmly and asked him about it… why he spent so much time with their Alpha than his mate. She should have just asked as soon as the inkling crossed her mind instead of letting it fester and rot. It never should have come to this. But it had, and she had lost him because of it. How could she have let it get this severe?

X’yrin felt the energy drawn from her body, dropping the female down to her rear in the show. Shamefully her tail slipped between her thighs and curled against her stomach as she curled down within herself, feeling utterly small and ashamed. “I didn’t know.” The sound of her voice was so terribly low and distorted, it could hardly have been said to have sounded at all. “I didn’t know. I just… I thought you were hiding… that you were going to leave me. I was angry... and I was scared.” Trembling hands combed through the wild mane and latched onto the base of her ears needing something, anything to grasp onto as this new, unbearable pain ravaged her heart. “But you are leaving now…aren’t you?”

ooc: 510 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread