tear gas riot song.
[html]

(333)

There were rules and protocol within the strange pack of thistle and shadow, and Siv was cautious where she tread. An intelligent woman by birth and by upbringing, she knew the laws of hierarchy and leadership because once all had bowed before her—save those elder sister-witches who had once served roles like Eris. Sharp purple eyes turned dark as she studied the shade on the hybrids face. There was power in her, but it was not simply power gained by rank. Magic lived in her even if it was not the magic that Siv understood. They were so similar in many ways; with doubt and logic and such things, but they were yet so different that Siv could not touch this shade.

A low bow of her head was offered, and the smile upon her face did not falter. There was fault through both of them, though Siv was almost certain it did not belong to her alone. Respectfully she remained quiet, only shushing the mare behind her at a slight noise, though the spotted horse was content to go about grazing when her head was given slack. Siv would not allow her to roam; she could not risk that the mare might flee with such opportunity.

“Forgive me, Auxiliary,” the dark woman began, keeping her eyes low on the obvious swollen breasts of the new-mother. The signs would have been obvious, she thought…but one child was rare, especially for a mother who had boasted such large litters before. “I was out trying this gift from our Lord Hunter,” she explained, motioning to the mare behind her. “Yet indeed, I came seeking you.”

To move this along, she returned to the saddle-bag. A package wrapped in hide was produced, a soft-leather thing that was without interest save for the exquisite merchandise within. “I could not properly present alms for your gift of a home, Lady Eris.” She extened her hand, and the package, carefully as if she suspected it might be rejected.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b { font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread