Time to dye!
[html]

OOC Orin is VERY distracted by the picture of Titania. Wink 424

“That's exactly right,” she nodded as her daughter asked her about the exact purpose of the dye. “That one in particular is made for fur. Some dyes dye other things like clothing or furniture, but that was my special recipe for fur. Clings really well and holds for a while, doesn't fade very fast...” Most of her words were echoing from the corner of the bookshelf. “I actually did used to wear it. That's what that one was for. Used to put it in my hair.” She made an absent motion towards her now choppy blond locks. They had grown out a lot since she moved back to d'Arte with the girls, getting much of their length back.

She didn't turn back to Juliet until the conversation turned to Juliet's pictures. She loved her daughter's artwork. She would love it even if it were nothing more than scribbles, but Juliet was actually becoming a talented illustrator quite quickly. With a smile, she stepped down from her perch and took the drawings from Juliet's hand, careful not to crease or wrinkle the paper as she did so.

The picture on top was the drawing of the border tree. Her eyes sparkled with pride as she took in the intricate detail her daughter added to the picture. So much of the actual art that was on the border tree was also here in this drawing. It dazzled her, to say the least, and she wouldn't even have turned to the other drawing had Juliet not told her it was of Titania. Curious to see her daughter's rendition of her sibling, she switched the pictures, tucking the border tree behind the other work and gasping loudly as she did so.

“Juliet! It's... perfect.” She stared at the picture in awe, feeling like any moment it would come to life and that her daughter would come walking right back through the door. She was amazed at the expert lines traced on the paper, how truly accurate of a resemblance it had to Titania. A moment later Orin realized that her eyes had become misty and she had been holding her breath. She let the air out, shaky and slow, her amber eyes finally moving back to Juliet.

“You're a talented artist. I don't know where you get it from,” she was only half joking. After all, she had only been a writer, and Shawchert more of a musician and craftsman than anything. “Can I hang this up right here by the table?”

<style type="text/css">
.character-orin-blossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#F7FF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-orin-blossom .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #ffffff}
.character-orin-blossom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#ffffff; front-family: Georgia;}
.character-orin-blossom {margin:0 auto; width:525px; background-color:#B4BE7F; background-image:url(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1151/orintableu.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 295px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-orin-blossom .separator{width:500px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 15px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread