a little r&r
[html]
Idk where this length came from, but here. xD /sswm 656

Finally the russet girl relaxed slightly, and Vesper nodded once to agree and to cement the forgiveness on her end. “There are less than friendly canines in Inferni,” she muttered, thinking of Helotes’ dark brother in particular, though there were plenty of other aggressive faces in the fire clan. “Just because you’re a clan mate doesn’t mean they won’t be far nastier to you.” She tilted her head, another teasing and somewhat devilish smirk shifting her scarred, angular features. “You’re lucky you’re pretty.” The compliment escaped her lips easily and almost mockingly, but her words were genuine, carrying an edge of softness despite her tone. She made an effort for her blue eyes to turn elsewhere.

“I was there myself a couple of months ago,” the pale tawny hybrid said. “Once you find a duty, a purpose, it gets easier.” She paused. “Actually, I’m still settling in; I was a loner most of my life, so while I’ve found a den and have responsibilities to get done, it’s still kinda hard to adjust to being around so many other canines.” She would get used to it, though; at least Inferni wasn’t full of those fool wolf girls who bounced around and bothered her at the worst times. Here she could get her point across and be left alone rather than pestered with continuous questions and giggles and whatever else.

Omni glanced up at the ravens once more, and Vesper smirked faintly at her upright posture before shrugging as well. “I heard that Inferni works together with the ravens. We leave them alone and help them out, and they scout for us. I’ve yet to go anywhere near the fiends though.” If she wanted to advance in the scouting tier, however, she might have to investigate this partnership, as odd as it was for her to interact with non-canine animals on a deeper level than predator and prey.

The question caught her off guard, though she knew it shouldn’t have if Omni was simply trying to get to know her clan mates. Shifting her weight and settling herself as comfortably as she could in this two-legged form, she contemplated how much to tell the woman. It probably didn’t matter either way, whether she revealed all or little or lied outright.

And so she went with the truth, which was easiest. “Since autumn. I had always been interested in Inferni, but never made the conscious decision to join until the leaves fell.” She paused, lifted a paw absently to touch one of the claw marks on her compact body. “I was attacked. Near death, I managed to reach the borders. The healer Enkiel took me in and saved my life.” She skipped over the tale of the infection that had turned her luperci and her painful transformation in the patient’s room. “While I was recovering, I got to know the clan better and eventually decided to make it my home.”

After the tale, she wondered if she’d said too much quantity-wise, if Omni had expected a short casual answer rather than her rambling. It was too late to recall any of the words, though, and so she shrugged and settled down in the grass once more. Her small androgynous body stretched out, nose to tail, and she rolled onto her side only to be able to look at the other woman better.

“No kidding,” she replied with a grinning smirk to the other’s remark about the amazing weather. “I’ll be doing this for as long as I can before I inevitably get restless and have to patrol again.” As a loner, the luxury of sleeping in until midday and lolling around lazily in the grass had been extremely rare if existent at all. She was much more used to constant moving, constant watching, constant hunting. But at least giving in to her old, overbearing survival instincts would keep her on top of things and keep her senses sharp.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread