Now is not the time to give up hope.
[html]

+481 // OOC: Blargh.

When he questioned, obviously angry and frustrated, she smiled knowingly. She sent Fella a dark look and the cat shut up, but she waited until Shawchert was done talking before responding after a moment of silence.

No one's asking you to stop defending the pack, Shawchert. And you'd find it in your best interest to continue doing that job, but you're not doing things properly at the moment. On a normal month, patrolling would be fine... but right now, we have more work ahead of us than just keeping out the bad seeds. Her voice was controlled, gentle again.

She felt a pang of guilt for being cruel as she had been and she sighed. I promise you, I didn't mean a word of that, Shawchert. You really are my closest friend, despite it all. I need you right now. The whole pack does, but patrolling isn't what we need the most. She felt her composure lowering by the second. She had to get this over with quickly, before her steady voice failed her.

I have some ideas that may help the pack, but I don't know for sure what ones to implement first, or what ones Skye would approve of. She looked up at him with a flash of determination. Self Defense training. Teach every single member in the pack how to hold their own in battle, based on their strengths and weaknesses. That way, no one is helpless. A Curfew for the pups. Anyone under a year must be inside after dark, with thier parents or a high-ranked wolf present. Someone trusted. During the day, no pups under six months may leave Thornbury under any conditions. At six months, they can go into the territory in the company of their parents or someone of highest rank. She rambled out, obviously reciting what she'd been keeping in her head the entire time.

Safety procedures. Ways to keep the pack safe when we're not there to protect him. No one can know a person perfectly, inside and out, in the time it takes for them to know which are good or evil. Simple as that. It's impossible. She shook her head and sighed. We're better off preparing for the worst than hoping for the best. It's survival and we've known a soft life otherwise. Luperci's made us soft, like nothing can touch us. That was the mistake humans made...

Eyes grew cold and hard as she locked gazes with him, ears pinned back and hackles lifted a bit. We are not humans. We are still wolves and we will not lose sight of what's important as they did. She rumbled dangerously. As much as Sky appreciated human traditions (such as marriage and christmas), she hated the way they'd thought. Preventing it wasn't the plausible solution. Defending against it was. Adapting to it. Learning from it. Surviving.

<style>
.sky2012 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:5px 0px; 5px 0px}
.sky2012 p {padding:4px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:15px;}
.sky2012 b {color:#6d865c; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky2012 b2 {color:#e8dc8e; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold; }
.sky2012 { background-color:#cdb25c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1cKOm.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.sky2012 .inner {margin:10px 10px 310px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templates/ddmbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.sky2012 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sky2012 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
.sky2012 p b2:before { content: open-quote; }
.sky2012 p b2:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread