Tomorrow Never Knows
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

His apparent reluctance to take the girl didn’t bother her as much as she understood why. Similar thoughts had worked their way into her mind but had better concealed them than her mate. She did not look to the girl with biased eyes simply because it was not in her nature to persecute an innocent in such a way… but she was neither elated, nor angry to have her. She tread along the border of obligation to her packmate and duty to her pack as a whole. It was her responsibility to extend her helping paw to her packmates in whatever fashion was asked of her… even if it pained her like this.

She took Sarian’s wholly back into her protective veil pulling the partial cloak that hung from her shoulders around the girl to brace her from the cold whilst she returned to recline against the outer wall of their den. Her eyes turned skyward looking to nothing in particular, perhaps a distraction from the evident pain that dulled her eyes. “It’s fine…” her voice drifted further away in reply as did her gaze as it caught the speckled body of her companion spiraling downward in descent.

She did turn from him before his talons clutched her shoulder and looked fully upon her mate after what felt like an endless spell of being unworthy of his gaze. “I had no children to bear for you,” her voice was wrought with disbelief. “And yet you would still want me with you?” Clinging hard to her Nomadic ways, she believed this all to be a precursor to him leaving her. She had bore him no heir… or wasn’t even pregnant to do so. She had failed in solidifying a show of their love for each other. Her empty womb was cause enough for him to leave. Had this been within her community, he would have found another female by now leaving her to wallow in her shame.

ooc: 326 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread