Leave out all the Rest
Words: 403
[html]

I know what you mean :| This is really getting old now, sorry about the wait...I'm happy to wrap up if you want to, or carry on, up to you Big Grin

It was just a misunderstanding, then. Although she knew she was particularly meticulous in her memory and attention to detail, and she couldn't expect the same from everybody, the wolf did seem a particularly absent-minded sort. At least now his entire story had spilled out, or, more of it anyway - more than necessary, perhaps, but Caspa was grateful for the insight. All the fight had gone out of the gash-faced male as he folded into the grass, a subdued sight. She had much preferred him standing up to her. The piteous Augustus was back, and Caspa was as confused as ever as to how to react. She wasn't the type to pour sympathy or motherly comfort or even give a mote of affection or empathy. She could not admit to having emotions whether they existed or not, and so she could only blink blankly down at him from her black-rimmed eyes. Even wry humour, often her fall-back resort, did not seem appropriate here. While she considered things, her mind whirring, she analysed the reasoning behind his sudden collapse. He was a stranger in a pack that seemed off-putting - even more so since she'd turned up carrying her unfortunate knife. He had been exiled from his family, homeland and apparently lost his only friend. He was lonely and he didn't know who he was any more, she supposed. It was quite a big problem to tackle. Only he could fight off the black mood that seemed to be threatening to settle, but perhaps she could help him to want to fight it, because that was the hardest part. Caspa nosed the knife under a tussock of grass, out of view for the present. Then she slunk towards the curled form, eyes attentive for signs of flinching away. She flopped onto her stomach, letting her chin fall onto her paws so that her nose was inches from his tail. She let out a huge sigh. All she could really do was be here - and show that she was capable of putting up with his nonsense, because she was reliable, and a loyal friend, even to the undeserving. She spoke almost without thinking, something of a rare occasion, although the sentences were as carefully formed as usual. "I regret you have not found the most pleasant of welcomes here. I would have preferred it otherwise."

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread