You might think
[html]

Word Count → 289 :: Out of Character text.

Sophie didn't get very far, as Terra soon noticed she was gone and scooped her up again. Sophie struggled a bit, suddenly not liking being man-handled so much, but at the question she pressed her ears flat and wrinkled her nose, looking away from her friend. "You were playin' with him. I don't wanna play with him, so I left." She grumbled, and then struggled a bit more, glancing at Terra in a hurt manner. "Didn't wanna make you stop. Not family or nothin'." She added with a little sniff, and looked away again.

Terra looked hurt, and angry, and Sophie didn't want to look at her while she was being stared at with that look. She didn't like it; and she didn't want to be held, either, so she struggled a bit more and finally managed to wriggle her way out of Terra's arms, tumbling a bit as she hit the floor and bumping her chin hard enough to rattle her brain. Still, she felt some measure of independence now. After all, she was nearly three months old! She was just small, so, so small, that she didn't nearly look her age. Standing her beside Boothe now was rather comical, actually, if it weren't also so sad.

She shook herself a bit, rubbing her chin, and then looked up and blinked at Terra, her ears doing an odd dance atop her head as though unsure what to do with themselves. She didn't really know that, either. "You di'n't have to come af'er me. I can find Boothe and Misser Light." She offered, because though she was angry at feeling pushed aside for some boy, she also felt bad for dragging Terra away from her game, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.sophly .space {float:right; width:115px; height:260px;}
.sophly b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sophly p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sophly .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sophly {width:485px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a19fc4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DujCo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#352b37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread