Let it last, let it burn
The snap of the branch brought Willow out of her contemplation of the ruins, her hand automatically pulling a dagger out and concealing it in her hand. Her body took a slightly defensive crouch, her ears lowering, her tail raising. The stranger was dressed oddly, though the Soul daughter couldn't say much with her off the shoulders top and jeans, along with the belt with her pouches. Her messy auburn mane was pulled back in it's typical braid, her sky blue eyes cold and harsh.

The measured tones of the other led the woman to ease her stance, though the blade remained concealed in her palm just in case. Willow brazenly met the woman's eyes. "I am Willow Soul, and I was unaware that I was close to any pack." She paused, then added softly, "I used to live in this cabin with my mother Deuce, and half brother Taliesin. Not that I consider him kin anymore, not after..."

She cut herself off. She wouldn't spill her life story to any stranger. Odadio had taught her better than that. The distant pain in her eyes hardened into ice, her posture shifting just slightly, enough that one would know she was wary again. Her voice had hardened when she spoke next. "And who are you?"

Little did she know the reaction she had the possibility of getting at the mention of her kin. Something warned her to be cautious, to tread lightly. Willow studied the woman with her armor and cloak, feeling absurdly overdressed in the top and jeans. But they had looked good on Soul when she passed through Freetown, so Soul had bartered for them, giving something she had no issue with allowing others to use as they pleased. Willow had liked the feel of the top, and so she allowed her alter to keep the clothing, though she was quick to take the herbs to prevent pregnancy.

Willows ears perked at a sound, then flattened again in wary aggression. Though the other woman sounded like she wasn't looking for trouble, Willow knew that some were good at hiding their intent. Like Taliesin.

((WC: 354))

Messages In This Thread