M - we were drawn from the weeds
[html]

Word Count :: 443 OOC

His thoughts were still on his sister, on one particular night after her miscarriage that he and she alone had drunk themselves stupid. Not only was she still dealing with the pain and suffering of losing her litter, but he himself was bruised by some abuse given to him by his father. The two had laughed, had cried, and sung terrible Spanish songs into the night. Helotes could not, would not believe that his sister was dead, her body lying out there in the cold somewhere forgotten. No, she was alive, he was sure of it! Blast Columbine and his bitching and moaning about her, she would be here soon, or hell would freeze over like this God forsaken place.

Helotes eyes swam back to Vesper’s blue ones as she called men disgusting yet let out a belch of her own. Helotes chuckled again, a garbled and drunken sound before his eyes were drawn back to the fireflies. Vesper spoke of her uncaring nature when it came to species and Helotes nodded but said nothing. He full heartedly agreed with her; he could give a rat’s ass if someone was a dog, a coyote, a wolf, a chicken or what have you. That was one thing he didn’t understand about Inferni, the goddamn prejudice that ran rampant here. But he would keep his mouth shut about it, even now in front of Vesper, because he knew that there were some who would not take too kindly to his opinions.

Vesper then caught his staring and made fun of him for it, and asked what truly had to say. Helotes’ gaze fell away from the floaties to the fire itself, his eyes still glazed over. What had he had meant to say to her? Oh, right. Turning to her, his voice came out cracked, I… I w-wanted to ‘pologize to you for the way I acted the first night you came ‘round. I fuckin… I’m fucking sorry. I was a creep and an idiot and I… He hiccuped and put a hand on her shoulder, You’re an awesome chick and had I known I would have kept it in my pants. He tried to give her a serious expression but it was hard to do so when there were fuzzy things seemingly bouncing around her features. What the fuck was in that Luperci vodka anyway?

He then leaned back, for some stupid reason thinking there was something behind him for him to actually lean on, and instead tumbled off the long onto his back. He laid in silence for a moment but then started laughing, The stars are really nice tonight. He said sloppily.

Image courtesy of Brujo+; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_HL1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_HL1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_HL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:# 758e78; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL1 {background-color:#2f2c2c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#999; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #141313; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4239 ... slykoi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:389px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread