[J]ust another lonely day
((Welcome!))

She was walking the borders, a job normally reserved for higher ranked wolves. She did it because it made her feel useful, comfortable. She hadn't yet been able to use her skills as a medic, so she wasn't quite sure yet what her job was supposed to be. So she walked the borders, she watched the herbivores' movements, she kept the den tidy when she needed to. She slept when everyone else slept, and she was awake when everyone else was. So here she was, walking the border.

Not too long ago, she had surprised a snowshoe hare. She had caught it, and was carrying it in her maw. She would take it back to the den and offer it to the alphas, an act -in her eyes- to atone for her issues with Noah. She hadn't gone too far from where she had caught the hare, when a pitiful whimpering caught her attention. Her ears laid back as she made her way to where the soft noises came from. She stopped in surprise as a pup, maybe three months old, came into sight. She laid the hare down, her kind, mismatched eyes on the little wolf. After a moment, she spoke softly, her voice warm. "Hello there. I am Deuce. Are you lost? Where are your parents?" The coloring of the little female reminded her of Sora, the daughter she had left behind despite her better judgment.

She realized she could see the pup's ribs, and she laid down, nudging the hare toward the little female. "Are you hungry, my dear? You can have this if you want it. I won't say no if you do. In fact, I would be very pleased if you would eat it, since I am not very hungry at all." She watched the pup's reactions to her, and to her offer, and wondered what the little girl's story was. She hoped the child's parents were near by, that the child wasn't an orphan. Deuce was fond of collecting orphans and wanted pups. She had adopted several in her life time, and figured she'd end up adopting several more before Rhiannon called her home.

((WC:360))

Messages In This Thread