[J]ust another lonely day
[html]

(Table by Raze <3) 'Otees is her way of saying Coyotes

A figure materialized in the distance, its features yet indistinguishable from the snow that blanketed the ground. Holly squinted her eyes to try and see what it was. She could make out the shape and saw that it was something of a wolf. She lowered herself further to the ground and pinned her ears straight back against her head. Her whimpers almost immediately ceased but she was frozen with the terror that gripped her heart. What if it was one of the coyotes, come back to finish the job? her breathing grew rapid as the figure approached but then caught in her throat when the pure white female came more clearly into view.

Could it really be that her wish had come true? Her mother had died before her very eyes or at least that's what she had assumed. And yet, here she was standing right before her. Holly jumped to her feet and perked up her ears as her tail swaying happily behind her. She let out a small yip and called out to the female. "Mama?" It took her only another second to realize that it was, in fact, not her mother but an unfamiliar wolf. Her mother's eyes had been like the rising sun, with oranges and yellows blending together. This wolf before her had eyes of two different colors.

Holly sighed and slowly lowered her rump to the ground. She started at the ground with her ears pinned as she answered the female's questions. She was still shaken by her confusion as well as nervous of the stranger. She answered the questions in a voice barely above a whisper. "Mama wouldn wake up.. I.. I not know what to do." She took in a shaky breath as she remembered the fighting, trying to keep herself calm so she could continue talking to the kind lady. "Runnin from the 'otees. They gonna get me." Her eyes widened as her breathing started in increase again and she grew in several shaky breaths, on the verge of breaking down completely.

She looked blankly at the rabbit as it was offered to her and the scooted back away from it despite her obvious hunger. "No..no..no." She repeated the words softly to herself and averted her gaze from the rabbit's bloody body.

Word Count → 382

<style type="text/css">
.greenholly b {font-weight:bold; color:#97aa84; text-shadow:#18210d 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.greenholly p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0;}
.greenholly {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4e5d2e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rl3YM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #18210d; padding: 475px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#18210d; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.greenholly .wordcount {color:#97aa84; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #18210d; text-transform:uppercase; margin:10px 0px; text-align:center; text-shadow:#18210d 0px 0px 1px;}
.greenholly .ooc {font-size:10px; color:#97aa84; font-family:verdana; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread