life is but a witch hunt
((Goofing with Willow a little since it's lasky.))

She had heard the footsteps, but hadn't reacted, beyond the flicker of an ear, the twitch of a paw. The words came, and the blue eyed assassin looked at the tattered drifter. What was she looking for? She turned her gaze back to the panoramic view below. "The past, I suppose. A mother, a father, two brothers, a sister. I was abandoned by three of them and torn away from two. And then Rhiannon dragged me back here, back to these lands, away from the man I loved."

She had loved Odadio, in her way. He had raped her, but it had been his right. He'd mentored her and taught her, and she had failed his most important test. She could have been a queen, but instead she had become just another assassin in his command. He had elevated the lowly Alexis to what should have been her position in the lands.

She gazed out, wondering if the Rhiannon clan even lived in the lands anymore, wondering if her father would even care she'd returned, if Firefly was still out to kill her. "Do you know a Deuce Rhiannon or a Haku Soul? They're my parents." It was a long shot, especially since the stranger looked like a drifter as much as she herself did.

She was deeply and desperately lonely, she realized, as she sighed deeply. "Time goes by so quickly. I miss the past, when all I had to worry about loosing was my treasures. My shiny rocks and colorful feathers. Stupid shit like that."

((Wc:257))

Messages In This Thread