[J]ust another lonely day
[html]

(Table by Raze <3)

Once the mangled rabbit was out of sight Holly began to relax. Her breathing slowed to an almost normal level and she looked up slightly from where her eyes had been glued to the ground. The whiteness of Deuce's coat reminded her so much of her mother's same colored pelt. A sharp pain of loneliness pierced her heart and she let out a soft whimper. She leaned forward so that she was just barely touching the older wolf, feeling safer now with the soft words of comfort and the warmth of another surrounding her.

Deuce kept talking and Holly sat near to her, barely taking in the words and instead feeling the softness and calmness of them. It calmed her in turn until her breathing slowed way down and she felt, for once, relaxed. She was going to be alright, she was going to be safe. Now she realized what Deuce was saying to her and she very slowly wagged her little tail. The coyotes wern't allowed here and there was a whole pack of wolves that would keep her safe from them. Her mother had told her about packs, where tons of wolves all lived together as a family and protected each other.

"M..my name Holly. Mama and Darnell and Rowan and me live in den. We live that way." She pointed with her nose to the north, indicating the direction she at least thought she had traveled since leaving the site of the attack. "Now is just me."

Holly looked up at Deuce's next words, her expression a mix of confusion and gratitude. Was she really being asked to stay with Deuce's family? She would be safer there, with all the older wolves to protect her. The coyotes would still come for her and they would hurt anyone that got in there way but a whole pack was a lot stronger than two wandering coyotes. She was beginning to regain hope. "I stay. Stay with pack be safe from 'otees." She leaned into the white wold even more, letting her body relax as she breathed a sigh of relief.

Word Count → 352

<style type="text/css">
.greenholly b {font-weight:bold; color:#97aa84; text-shadow:#18210d 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.greenholly p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0;}
.greenholly {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4e5d2e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rl3YM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #18210d; padding: 475px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#18210d; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.greenholly .wordcount {color:#97aa84; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #18210d; text-transform:uppercase; margin:10px 0px; text-align:center; text-shadow:#18210d 0px 0px 1px;}
.greenholly .ooc {font-size:10px; color:#97aa84; font-family:verdana; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread