Ghost of the Past
The black cat smiled as the younger feline began to dance after the fallen leaf, his whiskers quivering and eyes bright with excitement. He remembered the excitement and joy that all moving objects, even leaves and other such inanimates, brought to him as a kitten. He knew better now, but as a kitten, all he saw the leaves as were dangerous prey to be pounced on and eaten.

He nodded in confirmation as she said that many who crossed Halo did not enjoy the encounter, and he was no different. If it hadn't been for the black female Lykoi who had saved him -the one with the name of Sepirah, who seemed to have disappeared from the lands of the coyote clan. Nevertheless, he was grateful for the woman who had decided to save him. He was now again aware of the scars that underlined his skin beneath his thick, silky black fur; he knew, however, that the scars he had now from Halo's double swords would have been far graver if not for Sepirah.

And then the woman before him asked what he had to do with the murderous woman. Although most of his anger and grief had faded from his mind, involuntarily his tail bristled and his eyes narrowed in anger. Element snorted before sharing the tale with her. "I had a partner when I first entered this peninsula," he said. "We were... best friends. I loved her.. I still do. But one day, she wasn't there." He closed his eyes. "The beast we speak of had murdered her," he said, spitting out the words like a venom. I attacked her when I discovered what she had done. Foolish you may say... I was blinded by anger and love. A packmate of hers saved me... Sepirah Lykoi. She doesn't reside here any longer, does she? he asked. He knew, though. He knew from when he had stopped scenting her scent on the wind, stopped hearing her name in a whisper... and yet Halo remained.

Messages In This Thread