Old Friends
Terra met the pup's eyes coolly. I know I'm not ready to lead a pack. What stung the most was her words about Shandom. Shandom wasn't like that. He had promised to visit. True, it had been her own initiative that brought her here before even a month had passed, but she missed being around him. He was one of the canines that Terra felt truly understood her. She looked to Soran as the old wolf spoke. Hearing that the alphess' mate was older made the fact much more acceptable in Terra's mind. Trusting someone who hadn't even seen the full turn of a year was dangerous beyond belief. Soran's warning was ridiculous though, in Terra's mind. She gambled with her life all the time, and showed no signs of stopping any time soon. It would probably kill her one day, but she didn't care, too addicted to the spirit that flooded her veins.

Titania's sharp words at Soran had Terra bristling, wanting to come to the old one's defense. It wasn't her place though. Not anymore. Soran had allowed a pup to dominate her, a fact that showed weakness where Terra had imagined none. If they were going to be so foolish Terra would let them. The topic turned back to her friend, and Terra's ears twitched unhappily. I don't know where he is. He said he was going north to find himself again, to live life as a true wolf. This is north. The pack is new, so I supposed he might have been seen crossing the lands before you were fully established. Clear enough, and very likely. The pack members would most certainly take note of loners in the area and clear them out as they claimed the land.

Messages In This Thread