Shot Through The Heart
[html]

Ah you read my mind haha. Sure, I’ll respond and then you can finish us up.

Blind’s demeanor softened a bit when she noted the sheepish way in which Vesper responded to her suggestion. Tilting her head just enough to touch her muzzle to her friend’s crown, her tongue flicked out from the confines of her maw in an attempt to comfort her. Perhaps, if it was truly meant to be, they’d cross paths again at a time more appropriate for them to enjoy one another’s company. But for now any further contact was only a disaster waiting to happen, a barrage of fights just waiting to surface and tear them apart. Blind wasn’t about to let Vesper go as a result of an argument. No, she much preferred parting ways with the hope in her heart that it wouldn’t be a permanent good-bye. She could handle that.

With a nod of her head and a heavy sigh, Blind stepped back just enough to meet Vesper’s eyes once again, or at least search for them. The childish side of her, the side that hoped this was all just a bad dream she’d soon wake up from, encouraged her tail to jerk this way and that in a demented sort of wag. I won’t let it be good-bye for forever, Vessie, she whimpered, nudging her nose up beneath the coywolf’s neck. The touch alone tugged tears from her eyes and pushed them down her cheeks. She pulled away then, batting at her dark face with a frantic paw in an attempt to wipe away her tears; this couldn’t possibly be happening. For a moment, Blind thought to scold herself for running away - even more than she already had. But it wasn’t solely her disappearance that had spurred this conclusion; Vesper had duties now, and even if Blind had still been part of a pack herself, a relationship would not be helpful to either one of them.

In resignation, Blind bowed her head and poured all of her thoughts into the act of shifting back into her optime form. Her legs lengthened, her body twisted, and her platinum locks fell around her face in kinked tendrils. Finally she stood, extending her arms to the canine. Vesper, she muttered, will you at least give me a hug before you go? I’ve been waiting too long to see you to leave without one.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread