A Full Moon Favour
[html]

Word Count :: 650

I had written the first two and a half paragraphs last night, so Soran’s entrance is perfect! Thanks for joining! I was gonna wait for Noah but figured I’d post this instead of having one huge post later, haha.

Tawny, black-rimmed ears pinned back against her head when she heard that feral, angry snarl. She’d fully expected to turn and see the large Alpha wolf behind her, glaring down on her from those strange, apple-green eyes he had. Slowly, tail dropping down to hug her legs; she turned around to see the scar-faced subordinate Shandom. She’d briefly met him playing with the pup Holly, and he’d seemed nice enough at the time. Now his voice was dripping with contempt, and she flicked her golden-flecked gaze back to the handicapped Omega for a split second as the older pack brother spoke. Even as Shandom explained why Noah was not allowed to feast with them, she still felt sorry for him, and at the comment regarding Omegas as being lowest of the low her temper flared.

She turned fully around with a whirl to face Shandom, ears flicking up to a stance that was dominant while not over assuming. Her tail rose to a parallel level and she let out a growl before thinking about it. “We can’t just let him starve, Shandom,” she snarled back, “surely our Alpha never sentenced him to death.” One hind leg reached behind her and kicked the rabbit a little closer to the Omega, so he could take it and run if needed. She knew that she shouldn’t be yelling at an elder, especially one that held the same rank as she did, though at the same time she was newer to the pack and something told her that was even worse.

After initially defending Noah, she only took a split second to realize that she wasn’t exactly making a good start at being friends with the scarred, alabaster male in front of her. Slowly, her ears lowered out of their somewhat aggressive pose and she took on the stature of an apologetic wolf, head dipping lower than the male’s. “I’m sorry for yelling,” she said softly, earth-coloured eyes directing at the ground in regret. “I just…--“

...she was interrupted by another throaty snarl. With a quick glance behind Shandom, Ciara saw another black figure approaching and immediately dropped onto her belly, thinking it was Zalen at first. Then, she let her nose do its work, and picked up the scent of an unknown female. The woman’s stance was dominant, and as she snapped at Shandom Ciara kept her ears pinned back to her head and her tail tucked, making herself small and expecting to be yelled at next.

Then, she realized what the woman was doing. She was helping Noah! Ciara’s muzzle broke into a grin at the woman’s wink, a grin she hoped Shandom couldn’t see – truthfully, the male scared her a little. When Soran introduced herself as the Beta, and informed the yearling more gently of the situation with Noah, Ciara let out a tiny apologetic whimper and moved forward, gently tipping her head up and licking the underside of the Beta’s snout.

“Alright, Mrs. Beta, ma’am,” she said, instantly feeling foolish afterwards. Her skin turned red beneath her thick fur and she dropped her eyes again. Even though the woman was gentle, and Ciara could instantly tell that she liked her, she was still the Beta and Ciara was a lowly subordinate. She was merely happy that Soran was going to let Noah keep his food, so she nodded at the suggestion to keep away from him.

When Soran had finished speaking, Ciara slowly allowed herself to stand, making sure never to raise her head level or above the Beta’s. “I’m Ciara, by the way,” she said gently. “It’s nice to finally meet another girl in the pack.” She allowed a sheepish grin to break on her muzzle then, and as custom with Ciara and new pack-mates, she reached across and delicately licked the Beta’s cheek, very happy the sable wolf had shown up.

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://pixdaus.com/pics/1231820649HcN8A9E.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread