A helpful drifter appears again
"It really isn't a problem. You showed kindness to me, and I showed kindness to you. Reciprocation is common, I haven't gone terribly out of my way or anything." It was true. The supplies he had used up he had the knowledge to replace, and the whole process hadn't taken more than a few minutes. She wasn't imposing on him, certainly he would have been more put out if he'd seen her in need and then been bothered later for not helping.

Or is that true? he caught himself thinking. There had been others that he'd turned his back on, and didn't lose sleep at night. Varn and Muaru had been beyond help, he knew that, and so felt no guilt at the fact that he had taken Soro and fled the scene. They had run into weary travelers in need of aid, and done nothing to assist them. They had chosen to remain uninvolved in situations that they could have easily resolved, chose to leave the strong in power even when they were cruel and could have easily been overthrown. They had met with many people...he had made the personal decision in many cases to leave people and places as they were. If the legends were true...was it possible that the man he hunted was his complete opposite of himself? Or were his own mind and past actions asynchronous...?

"Let me walk you home...where do you live, Iskata? You don't have a pack smell on you, so I won't be able to find it without your help." His body was big and strong, and her leg was weakened and stitched. He would carry her, provided she would allow it, though he suspected she might have too much pride for that.

Messages In This Thread