Starlight, star bright
[html]

+3

It wasn’t until the paper dropped to the ground that Vesper realized the consequences of her interruption. Had she been in the wilderness, a whirl of fangs might have been the answer to her stealthy approach. She winced slightly as she saw the dark scrawl across the page; regardless of how little she knew about writing or drawing, it was obviously not a mark that the male had intended to make with the charcoal.

She was surprised when the kid didn’t snap at her out of exasperation, his voice instead falling into a calm explanation of what he’d been doing. Either the ruining of his work wasn’t a big deal, or he was doing a great job at hiding his frustrations. Her ears cocked, she considered his words and the paper and the sky. “Mapping the constellations,” she murmured, a sense of recognition in her voice. “I’ll admit I’ve never thought of marking it down physically; always gone off my memory when I’ve traveled. I guess it makes it easier to remember and share with others, though.” A hint of tooth gleamed in the starlight as she looked at him, a faint smirk as apology for her interruption. She hadn’t done much navigation by the heavens lately, her paws getting more and more used to the land, but the skill remained dormant in her mind whenever she might need it.

The tawny coywolf stepped a bit closer, grabbing the rabbit’s foot and dragging it toward the rock he was settled on so she wouldn’t forget it on the ground. She snorted at his next words and answered in a brusque but humorous tone. “You’ve probably seen me moving around the borders like an automaton.” Her smirk came broader, more crooked. “Name’s Vesper, and I’m the Optio. Now—I don’t know who you are and can’t even say I’ve seen you before, but you smell like the Creed girl.”

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread