Righting a Wrong
[html]

Count it: +505// Sorry for the delay D: School is crazy right now.

The white man was eager to have things patched over with Ciara, though he had not held much animosity towards the girl. None, really - he'd simply been disgusted with the entire situation, what with his staunch love of rules. It was only natural, the older man supposed, that he would become more stringent with just about everything as his age crept upwards. Perhaps it was also his traditionalist, and probably much different, upbringing - life on four legs, with no thought of an alternative, brought about a different culture than what was now apparently the norm. He could see the differences in many of his new brothers and sisters, and while Shandom did not begrudge them their differences, he found he enjoyed the company of those who were not tainted by the Luperci virus. There were, of course, some exceptions - Caprica and Naniko D'Angelo of Anathema were very much new-age, and the Gamma thought they were wonderful and, well, quite lovely in both of their own right.

Had he not been in front of Ciara, the male would have choked a laugh - here he was, getting distracted about women (again!) when he ought be having a normal conversation. I am glad we are all right then, Ciara, Shandom murmured, bumping his own skull against the smaller girl's and bestowing a friendly and genuine smile upon her. You may always seek me out if you need anything. Being old does have its perks. The last statement was light hearted and teasing directed at himself - the white man enjoyed some of the benefits of age, though he wondered what his life would be if he were young again. But luckily the virus had lengthened his life, and he would have many more years ahead of him - it was strange, he would probably outlive his ancestors by many, many turns of the season. Absently, Shandom was forced to wonder what God made this strange decision. What had the humans done so wrong, besides ruin the beauty of Mother Earth in their arrogance and self-centered ignorance?

Then the girl asked about Cerberus, and a sly smile was forced to crawl across the man's scarred face. Young infatuation was something he could, of course, understand - it was a beautiful and wonderful thing, initially. To be loved and loved in return - Shandom could not fathom that idea, though! Love of the romantic assortment was something taboo and terrible and forbidden and for Linquilea only - she held his heart, and he knew that it would be hers forever! The image of his beating heart in her terrible grasp was frightening and strangely erotic, and the Gamma knew he had to distract himself with answering. He is a good soul, and will make a wonderful addition to our pack. Handsome, too, the man added with a cheeky wink, playfully nudging at the smaller girl. But in all seriousness, I have confidence in him. I am sure he will acct as an important part of New Dawn.

template by revo.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread