It's Come to This
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Thank you all that responded promptly. If you haven't replied yet, just know that you would have 'missed out' on having a say in the ruling but are still able to come in during the announcement. Round 2 ends March 3rd. During this time, a new roster will be put up in the Pack Portal. See Pack News for details. No Posting Order.

Even as more of the pack began to arrive, her eyes were set only on the pair injured pair, wavering solemnly between the two as she heeded their sides of the story. The Nomad held no true anger, but disappointment in her eyes especially when they rested on the Yakuso and her bloodied state. “You claim you take no pleasure in your actions…and yet you come to this meeting still covered in blood,” she replied coldly, her disdain for the woman’s appearance clearly showing through. “Your appearance is contradictory to your words, and I was raised to believe that one’s actions spoke more soundly than their words. It is a lesson I hope to share with you all and see utilized in the future.”

She forced her gaze away to acknowledge her mate and his heartfelt confession. Sorrowful as he may have been and true as she knew his words to be, she could not leave him untouched by the lash of her tongue despite how it pained her heart. Yet her face was hard when she looked to him, to the guilt in his eyes and his sunken form, but her eyes were not without mercy. “I understand your reason for keeping yourself at a distance from your packmates…your family, but your wrong should have been brought before us all. I blame myself for letting this sit. Never the less, because of your crimes-“ She again turned to Jace. “I regret that your punishment is thus; despite your reasoning you both have taken a life and it is an act not tolerated within Ichika. It is with a heart heavy that I demote the both of you to our lowest rank until you seek redemption for your wrongs. You are no longer permitted to fulfill your prior tasks. You are to reflect upon your crime, understand how your actions would have affected your family and find a means to subdue… not kill an assailant, should a crime of the magnitude you both endured should ever happen again.”

The verdict had been announced calmly and sound, but it was a shade to cover the ill rising to her gullet. She had forced her gaze to hold, even as her stomach churned and guilt threatened to ravage her towering frame in relentless tremors. But she held fast to her resolve, reciting to herself that it was not out of smite, but at of care for the pack that she would make an example out of them. So that none would be mistaken that such crimes would be taken lightly. And yet her inner nature suggested that this was a far lesser punishment than what the pair of them deserved for taking a life… “Does anyone of this pack object to this?” She announced finally, stifling her second-thoughts as she maintained her present course and awaited the rebuttal of her pack and family.

(Taking a moment to hear reactions before proceeding with the meeting.)

But this was not the reason why she had called the pack together. An unfortunate turn, yes and a necessary one at that, but the purpose was more profound than this. She could only hope that they would all understand. Purposefully, she returned to the head of the gathering to leave no one out of sight as she began again;

“My family. The reason I have called us together was to make us all aware of what has transpired in this pack and what will happen from henceforth. I will begin with what you may not know. Jaden and his student Verloren have long since gone from the lands. Some of you may have known him as an Envoy, and his student brimming with potential could not yet achieve a rank. Before he exiled himself, he confessed to me the reason for his leaving was that he had taken a life at our borders and could not live with the shame he had brought upon himself and to Ichika. And before him, Noah sought to leave Ichika without a word to anyone, not even his mate Rendall who has left our lands as well. Those of you that are not aware, he recently trespassed onto our lands and was punished by his pack in a manner of my request to set an example to both packs that trespassing is not an act taken lightly…regardless of who you were, or who you are now.

“We have suffered the loss of Saul Stormbringer as well who had only just been welcomed back into his home. He is a male of great potential and it is our hope that he will not turn his back on Ichika for long. As one who left her family in pursuit of something more, I can understand his reason for leaving and do not look to him as abandoning his family, but am waiting for him to return home, as I hope the rest of you will view this as well. And with him departed Melee and Range as well. Though I did not know them as well as I should have, they are a part of this family none the less, and I hope you all anticipate their return as I do.” X’yrin paused for a moment to allow her voice to rest as well as let this information be received by the listening ears of the pack. She had purposefully left the heavier news for this moment, to give the dust stirred by her words a moment to settle before she began again.

“And in their hope for return, we must acknowledge the absence of both Razekiel and Nayru, the Ryus many of you have followed and chose to place your alliance and faith to. While Razekiel’s reason for leaving is still unknown, I know well the reason for Nayru’s leave of Ichika. After her birth, she was weak and still healing and a scavenger took advantage of this when she was away and stole her child. She was grief stricken, wanting only to find her daughter and make her family whole again. Pripyat has gone with her… and we hope for their return with the family made whole again…

“And because of this,” the woman inhaled a shaky breath. “The role of lead has fallen onto me. It has perhaps been implied, but I must say this so there is not uncertainty to cross your minds; I am your Tenryu X’yrin, an Exultare to my Nomadic people and warrior for Ichika no Ho-en. If you chose to or not to acknowledge this, then please speak freely now so that I know where you stand before I say another word…”

1096 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread