Hidden serpents and vicious hunters
[html]

A bow. He knew what it was, though he did not himself use one. Watching intently, he saw her plant another arrow into the center of the wall. She was skilled with the weapon, which was interesting and a little worrisome. It was hard to find strings for them, harder still to learn how to make one, so he didn't see a lot of wolves who had them.

"No," he answered, looking with a hint of feigned wonder at the speed and accuracy of the deadly projectile. "Hello Hel..." he paused. That had sounded funny to say, but he went with it after a moment. "My name is Asmodai. I'm not unfamiliar with all human tools, but I haven't seen that one, no. It would be very useful in a hunt. Is that what yours is for?"

He had just come away from a pack of fighters...he didn't want to find a lot of danger here, too. Iskata had made it sound like the only ones who were likely to begin a fight were the coyotes, but he didn't think she'd said there weren't other capable souls around. Perhaps she was packless like he was...he didn't detect the scent of any group of wolves in particular, though.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread