Second Chances
[html]

there is no kitty, just a pony. ^.^ -468 words

Kipp ran around the beautiful tree, squealing and kicking her heels happily for a while before going over to roll in the light layer of snow near the woman. Leaning over, Tawny stroked her hands over the mini-horse’s side, cooing softly to the young thing. She knew creating a bond with the creature was important, and they were already well on their way to being best friends. It was an easy, effortless relationship, especially once they got rid of the mother horses’ carcass, ridding the foal’s mind of the terror. The wolf was now her mother, her source of love and comfort and safety, and she needed nothing more than that.

About a half hour passed before anyone showed up, but Tawny was content to just sit there and wait. Her head tilted up when the soft sound of paws came from nearby, alerting her to the presence of a pack member. Smiling happily, Tawny stood up and stretched, her jaws parting in a soft yawn. That smile dropped when she was approached by a male on two legs. For some reason Tawny hadn’t even thought about WHO would be coming to find her, and she’d forgotten completely that it could be a male just as well as a female. Watching him with wide eyes, she took a few steps back and crouched slightly, nervous now. Ever since the ordeal with Fang and the coyote had gone down, she had been fearful of the males, despite Matteo and Alaki’s kindness in saving her.

Ears drooping to the sides, she sighed and rubbed her face with both hands, suddenly not only nervous, but a bit self conscious as well. I…w-was just wondering if I could…come visit? Her eyes flicked up and took the man in, catching that his name was Aylu…interesting name, it sounded pretty. Before she could say anything else, another wolf came trotting up, this one was clearly a female, and Tawny visibly relaxed. Her eyes were blank, obviously not seeing a thing, and Tawny’s spirits fell a bit. The poor woman was blind, sightless in a place of such beauty, it was very sad. Thank you Aylu, Hotaru…I hadn’t realized your pack is open to visitors…I apologize for disturbing you.

Kipp decided that it was the perfect time to resume her insane running and rolled to her feet, whinnying and trotting around the small brown furred woman happily. Tawny was glad that the sky was darkening, the male probably wouldn’t be able to see her ugly scars. Yipping softly, she called to the pony and strapped her up to the sled once again, looking up at the other wolves with hopeful eyes. So…does this mean I can come visit? I’ve not been in a pack for months and miss the company of having others around.

<style type="text/css">
.rsadtawny b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d511c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rsadtawny .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rsadtawny p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rsadtawny {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#928e7b; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2wdver5.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #818185; border-radius:20px; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#201f1b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread