Unwanted, unneeded
[html]

Isabella listened with visible interest. A desert? She knew of them but had not encountered a single one. The only thing she could have thought a desert would be the plains devoid of trees and coated with copious amounts of snow and ice. But Tlantli's desert had to be the other kind, of sand and sun. That would explain the color of the other woman's pelt as well as her evident coyote heritage. Wanting to interject with a question, Isabella silenced her questions and let her mind clear of them; it would be rude to interrupt.

But she had to ask, especially when Tlantli spoke of the bad priests. She had a faint inkling of what the other woman meant, though the full extent of the meaning evaded her. "I feel as though I understand, though I cannot say I have ever encountered something like that," she admitted, carefully toning her words to give the illusion of her lacking concern for not fully understanding. "There were few if any religious preachers where I come from. Perhaps there were, but I preferred to keep away from them and practice what I was taught at a young age." Because her morals were looser than most, Isabella always found herself offering prayers to the Mother and lighting the occasional incense for her. It was hard here but the Mother always offered solace to those seeking it.

But something had sent this woman from her home to this colder place. The priests in that place most have been so against Tlantli's grain that she would leave. Or perhaps she was simply missing an entirely different aspect of the culture unbeknownst to her. "What did they do wrong in Eterne that you find yourself here?" inquired the dark woman, slightly raising a hand palm up in question.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread