everything looks perfect from far away
I accidentally wrote "du Court" instead of "du Cour" derp! I fixed it now. XD
[html]
[/html]Claudius widened his eyes and stumbled slightly when Terra said it was impressive. He was so surprised that he went silent; wondering if she had really said that or if he had just imagined it. He had never really considered his family’s history anything special. As a puppy, it had been told to him as a matter of fact and he had always remembered it as such. There were things he wasn’t too sure about or that he had postulated on his own. For instance, his mother said that her family had some German names. That would only make sense if the wolves were from Germany, but wolves didn’t just travel around like they did not (and they didn’t do it that much anyhow). He theorized that they had been in a zoo and escaped when humans disappeared, but he’d never thought it was particularly impressive. He supposed he approached most histories like this, just taking it in stride and accepting it for what he thought it was. It was almost refreshing for someone to think of it in another way, even if she grossly overestimated him.

“I-I guess tha-a-at’s… impressive… I ne-e-ever… really thought o-of it… li-i-ike th-a-at,” he replied. His stutter worsened now that he felt self-conscious. How could he ever live up to an image that painted him as ‘impressive’? He was quite ordinary; he was sure of that.

“I-I guess… it’s… nice,” he mused, “having a na-a-ame… like that. Ma-a-aybe… you have… one… and you-ou just don’t… know it…” he added, with a shrug. He tried not to dwell on how Terra seemed so impressed by this. In all honesty, it embarrassed him. He didn't like being in the spotlight like this.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread