that old wind is whistlin' your tune
[html]

Mistakes and corrections were everyday occurrences in a young puppy’s life, and Wayne fondly remembered some of the times his own parents drew him aside and imparted their knowledge onto him. Cows are not for riding, earthworms are not baby rattlers, and babies do not come from the earth like crops. He remembered being especially horrified about the last one, but at least most of his lessons and even teachers had come in the form of equines. He’d had a happy existence, and he was glad to be helping this girl out, even with such a silly little amendment to her knowledge. It might even serve as practice for the future, if he was ever to have whelps of his own running around his feet and asking big-eyed questions—a thought he entertained in only the briefest spaces between other thoughts.

He chuckled at the girl’s incredulous grin, his brown eyes soft as he watched Gypsy pull away from the lick with a likewise disbelieving snort. The mare huffed again in an almost grumpy fashion but went ahead to nip the tips of the girl’s dark fur, her moody demeanor giving way to the maternal instincts that would serve her well in the months to come.

Well, horses talk if ya have the ears t’ listen, Wayne mumbled, scratching briefly at his chin. I’ll admit I ain’t got those ears on perfect yet, but anyone c’n learn how to listen if they want. He hadn’t gone so far as to learn low speech, however, as though the communication he shared with his equine companions was simplistic, it was enough for him. He did not need words to understand Gypsy or Fern and their needs.

<style type="text/css">
.waway b {font-weight:bold; color:#ada077; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #373019; }
.waway p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waway {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#82735c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iDlkY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a49c81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.waway p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waway p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread