vaporous
WC: 586
[html]
[/html]Wraith frowned and then nodded when Vesper offered a name. Ishka No’in sounded like a very silly pack for having a name that made no sense. She still didn’t really know much about them aside from that they were full of wolves, just like Anathema. She didn’t like knowing that there were so many wolf packs so close to the clan’s borders, but she supposed that was just the way it was here. She’d have to live with it, but that didn’t mean she’d have to like it.

She was glad that Vesper liked her suggestion, so she was quick to follow Vesper when she began to depart. Wraith carefully picked her way down the rocky surroundings, trying not to slip on the rocks. She had noticed that the water started to get slippery in the winter in different ways than in the summer, so she didn’t want to do something silly and ruin this whole expedition.

As they walked, Vesper struck up conversation again. Wraith loved talking about Inferni and her family, so she was more than happy to reply. Of course, she was always worried that she talked too much and didn’t want Vesper to think she was weird, so she tried her best to be mature about the matter.

“Yeah,” she replied quickly. “I was born here with Lucy an’ Nate. Uh, Lucilla and Nathaniel. My dad was… umm…” she began, but trailed off. How could she describe any of her weird and complicated upbringing? Maybe she’d just have to say it as it was without any fancy stuff. “Hybrid – that’s my dad. Hybrid Holocaust.” She frowned as she explained: “I never understood why he was called Hybrid since he was all-coyote.” She shrugged and then continued. “I was born here, but my dad died – when I was… two, umm… two months. He—someone was trying to hurt us and he and another warrior fought them off. He was a warriors here, one of the Hydra. Chapel. She—I thought she was my friend, but she tried to—kill me and Nate an’ Lucy. But daddy an’ Kesho killed her. But daddy died a little while later. I think he was sad he didn’t die fighting in battle. He always said that was all he was good at. Which… I guess…I dunno, he wasn’t very good at talking or anything or… yeah. I love him and I miss him, so I’m sad he’s gone. Everyone says he was a good warrior and he knew a lot about Inferni, but he wasn’t good at telling me about it, y’know? He was always really grumpy and slouchy. I guess I still have my mom – she’s a warrior too, but in Anathema. We don’t really… get along. My sister Val – Valkyrie and my cousin Talitha were the ones who raised me a lot after daddy died and mom left.” She fell silent for a moment and then realized how much she’d said. Quickly, she moved to apologize: “er—sorry! I know you only asked about my dad and I told you, um, more. I guess I need to learn how to not answer questions if I’m gonna be a very good scout.” She tried to grin, but it fell flat. She tried to regain her composure by pretending she was scouting, but now she just felt kind of weird. Most of the coyotes in Inferni knew all of this, so no one had ever asked her before. She just hoped Vesper wouldn’t think she was dumb.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread