limping back
He felt relief as she finished wrapping the bandages around him. While the process hurt, having a steady pressure on them eased the hurt somehow. He didn't lay back down yet, watching Myrddin digging at the roses and the other flowers he had planted for Sky. It seemed like everything was a painful reminder of the now absent mate. Her words brought to mind the conversation he'd had with Hotaru just days ago.,

"It hurts that she took Cody and Lena, but I'm more worried about Myrddin. She told him to tell me she was leaving. She took his siblings, and left him behind. I worry more about him than myself. I worry about the effect this will have on him. He's a brilliant boy, quick to learn, but the disappearance of his mother and siblings have left a definite mark on him." He shook his head.

"I just don't understand why she had to leave us. I told her everything about my parents and their past, their infidelities, their mistakes. I told her I wouldn't repeat their mistakes. She swore she would stay with me, stay my mate for all our lives. And she still walked away." He shrugged, wincing as the butterfly shaped wound on his shoulder pulled.

Messages In This Thread