a most deep and subtle poison
*tries to offer Laurel for inspiration purposes!?1?* I'm on my gaming rig... which has Vista and holy fsck everything looks like it does on my iMac. Nice post, btw!
[html]
She was young, there was no denying that. Not with the way her body was shaped, the way that age hadn't even begun to wear on her face like it had his. “No problem,” he offered with a smile, letting his then free arm rest comfortably against the back of the couch. The other, his left, had a firm hold on the banjo and its slightly skew position now. Her eyes reminded him of the others so far he had met with that particular shade, though there was something strange about hers that he couldn't quite place; a certain depth to them that kept them apart of the others. “I'm Laurel… and I've got to say meeting you has been the strangest encounter I've had here so far.”

All meant in good nature, of course. Having some kid cling to him and freak out over a spider was better than her charging in and shanking him in the side with a well concealed knife; knowing that the cabin he was in wasn't owned by some crazy cat lady minus the cats was a bit of an inner relief. “So where are you from?” The storm wasn't going to let up any time soon, so he believed he could at least entertain her or talk to her, either thing one of his better skills along with spider flicking. One thing was definitely certain about the situation though, they were both interesting and there was much to be said on the topic of clothes, reasoning about being out in the storm, and whatever else they managed to come up with.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread